Wednesday 1 November 2017

City Daily Photo Theme Day - Rock and Roll

Belgrade Theatre, Coventry
Rock 'n' Roll with Elvis


No, this isn't Elvis photographed here.  
 This is Ben Portsmouth (from the UK)
performing as Elvis Presley in his show,
'The King Is Back'.


 I feel so lucky to have seen Elvis Presley
perform twice in Hawaii many years ago.
The show at the Belgrade Theatre brought back happy memories.


 In August, 2012, Ben Portsmouth made history when
he won the 'Worldwide Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist'
contest in Memphis.  He is the only artist from
outside the USA to win this title.


 We enjoyed the show!


So here's my take on 'Rock and Roll' Theme -
An Elvis tribute show seen in March, 2017.
For more photographs from 
City Daily Photo group, please follow the link
HERE.

Photographs taken with an iPhone

Other links:


12 comments:

William Kendall said...

I wonder if there'll be Elvis impersonators around in fifty years.

Good take on the theme!

Lowell said...

This is a super way to portray the theme. I have mixed feelings about Elvis but he wrote and sang some good songs and I always felt sorry that fame seemed to bring him down. I'll bet this was quite a show, though. Some of these Elvis impersonators are almost as good as he was! I wish I could have seen it.

BarbRad said...

I'll bet it was a fun show. This definitely fits the theme.

Jack said...

OK. You win. Great rock'n'roll post.

Linda said...

He was the King.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Elvis is in the Building

magiceye said...

Wonderful takes for the theme!

Karl said...

Great choice for this theme !

OJ said...

Great to be reassured that Elvis lives on!

OJ

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, that is perfect for the theme! Well done!

Bill said...

and I thought Elvis left the building. :) Great shots, excellent, I love this!

Kay said...

It looks like this was a fun show. Good shots for today's theme! (I kinda wish I'd been able to see him live. Lucky you!)